Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Space Monkeys


Space Monkey
Originally uploaded by Wilson Swain.
This is vaguely Flash Gordon meets Planet of the Apes. The little martians started out as simple green bugs, but I decided they worked better as the more complex green *monkey* bugs. This piece was produced to go on auction. I often get attached to my work and have a difficult time letting go. The monkey at the far left is either booster rocketing to save the tiny little monkey in the upper right or saying goodbye after the cord snapped.
I may yet explore more with the phases of the moon. Somebody's moon. And the colors of the space scene were inspired by Fozzie's newly painted Studebaker in the Muppet Movie. Yeesh.

1 comment:

Craig Mackay said...

I'm feelin' that ape-alien on the bottom left is Dr. Zaius inspired.