Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Butterfly Bear


Butterfly Bear
Originally uploaded by Wilson Swain.
I'm continuing on with my Bavarian Bear Series, which will go on display at Gallery Nucleus this Saturday in Alhambra. There are four panels and I'll probably post the fourth next week. I missed debuting a new image here last week because of an electrical overload-- but things are back up and running here, better than ever. At least that's what the electricians told me....well...it's what they seemed to be telling me. Nobody spoke any English. Perhaps they were telling me to wet my hands and shove a metal fork in an outlet, letting me stand there nodding my head, offering agua. In any event, the power is on again. What's the spanish translation for 'sucker'?

I forgot to mention that this piece was definitely inspired by my friend Jaime Zollars. With this image, I'm implying that the leaves in the first bears image were actually butterflys. Jaime did an image where the leaves on a tree, upon close inspection, were birds. I'm retroactively calling this an homage.

1 comment:

Lyndsey said...

I really like this one...very nice coloring.